VISION – A HUNGER FREE OHIO
In 2012 IMPACT WITH HOPE began the domestic program, Hunger-Free Ohio Initiative (HFOI). In the first year IMPACT & partners packed 150,000 meals. From 2013-2017, Impact With Hope & partners packed over 1.4 million meals.
To eliminate hunger in Ohio by providing a platform for local leadership teams to collaborate and find solutions to eliminate hunger in their community.
GOALS – VISION FOR A HUNGER FREE OHIO
1. Establish Ohio as the state with the lowest rate of food insecurity.
2. Provide communication platforms for local leadership teams to collaborate and find solutions to hunger in their community through Hunger Dialogues.
3. Initiate and/or support Hunger-Free Community Leadership Networks in Ohio’s88 counties.
4. Gather resources from each county surrounding hunger and food insecurity.
5. Provide the opportunity for a community to sponsor a meal packaging event.
6. Create a network of Hunger Warriors within Ohio’s school, colleges, and universities.
7. Establish Toledo Public Schools as a model for other counties to follow.
Have an HFOI Informational Meeting
A HFOI Informational Meeting is a platform for the HFOI team to inform communities what the HFOI team can provide and for the HFOI team to learn more about the community’s activities and resource around their hunger relief. The goal of this meeting is to lead into a county Hunger Dialogue.
Have a Hunger Dialogue
A Hunger Dialogue is a platform for empowering leaders of all ages and sectors to collaborate for a Hunger-Free community and a Hunger-Free Ohio.
Introduction to County Hunger
Outreach staff and community stakeholders present briefly on hunger, the Hunger-Free Ohio.
Initiative and Community Programs
Small and large group discussions where attendees discuss causes of and solutions for, and barriers to, hunger relief in their counties.